Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Product Review - Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector

 
So HE went and changed up our beloved LTR leave in AGAIN ladies! To start off I think this version is a little more expensive than the old formula but I'm not sure on that. The smell is new but still light. The color inside is white and it has a little more of a watery consistency compared to the old formula. I didn't see it at Walmart only my local Target. Ladies, my hair HATES this product! At first when I made the switch my hair was fine but progressively I found my hair getting drier and drier to the point where hours of prepooing and DCing weren't helping at all. Ever since I laid off it, about 3 night ago, my hair is getting right again so I'm pretty sure it was this product. I only used this product in dry hair as a moisturizer, never on wet hair. The ingredients changed again as well:

Ingredients
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , Fragrance , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Chloride , Methylisothiazolinone , Zea Mays Silk Extract (Corn) , Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract (Raspberry) , Hydrolyzed Silk

 I couldn't tell if it helped to prevent split ends like the other formulas. I also found in the little time I used this, I had to use a lot more of the product to get even sub-par results. I will be chucking the rest of this bottle in the trash and looking elsewhere!

Pros: smell, consistency
Cons: dried out hair, price, availability, ingredient change
Repurchase?:  Didn't even finish the first bottle so NO!

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much i was about to go out and buy some. my haoir thanks you a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the bottle right here of the long tem leave in and they have the same ingredients

    ReplyDelete