Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Product Review - Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel W/ Sparkle Lites

 
 So I wanted a gel and saw this one at Walmart and decided to try it. I expected that slicked back look that I see so many ladies sporting but sadly I didn't get that with this gel. It's more of a soft hold which I like for when I do my damp buns, but for the slicked back hair I have to look elsewhere. It may be because my hair is on the thicker side and it's hard to lay it down when it's a few months post relaxer. The smell is light and doesn't stink, the consistency is light and nice. I never experience flaking with this gel even when I put it on top of other leave ins/products. Sometimes when I wrap my hair I wet my edges and put this on and brush it in with my bristle brush and it looks great but then in the morning its kind of dry and crunchy feeling. I can't remember how much I paid for this but I would say between 3-5$ which isn't bad at all because it's a lot of product, for me at least. It doesn't make my hair shiny at all once it dries though. So if your looking for a soft holding gel with decent ingredients I say go for this but if you want a stronger hold look elsewhere.

*UPDATE!*
So I've been using this gel a lot more for my damp buns and my bantu knots and can say I will probably repurchase this product! I can load my hair up with this one day and be able to comb it that night and the next morning my hair is soft and is acting as if no gel was ever in it! It also leaves a nice shine if you use enough. I think my problem before was I wasn't using enough and that's why the results were sub par. But this gel is perfect for me and my needs!

Pros: price, consistency, amount, ingredients, avaliability, soft hold, no flaking, slicks edges
Cons: smell, have to use a lot to get good results
Repurchase?: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment