Thursday, June 7, 2012

Product Review - ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair

 
At the beginning of my healthy hair journey, I picked up most of the ApHogee line and this shampoo was one of them. Even though I no longer have this product in my rotation, I owe my healthy hair to it. Now the whole ApHogee line is based on protein so if you are protein sensitive I'd say don't even look at this line. That being said I love this shampoo. I got mine at Sally's and it was about 8-10$ which is pretty expensive but it's worth every penny. My hair use to be super dry, brittle, and would always break off. I think because I never moisturized my hair and I had no protein/moisture balance. This shampoo brought my hair back to life though. Looking back it was kind of stripping but it being a protein shampoo it was kind of expected. The smell was nice, it reminds me of coconut and the consistency is creamy. It lathers very nicely and you know at the end that your hair is very clean. This being a protein infused product, I would use it every other week in the beginning then later in my journey when I needed a boost of protein. And I would make sure when I wasn't using this I would be using moisture based products to keep my protein and moisture in balance. If you are starting a healthy hair journey or just want a protein based shampoo, I highly suggest this and the other ApHogee products!

Pros: smell, lathers, strengthens hair, light protein
Cons: price, availability, stripping, protein based (for those that are protein sensitive)
Repurchase?: No, I no longer need this shampoo. But I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment