Thursday, June 21, 2012

Prepoo With Coconut Oil

 
So I've been reading up on all the hype around Coconut Oil and finally decided to get some. I went to my local Walmart and got a jar, it was about 7$ which isn't too bad because it has SO many other uses. I have a few stretch marks and I massaged some of the oil on them and they have faded already and it's only been a few days! I'll do a full review on coconut oil and stretch marks later though. Anyways I split my hair into sections and applied the coconut oil from root to tip, massaged it in, then left it on my hair for about an hour. The oil didn't weigh my hair down at all and it still had body when I took my cap off! During the washing and DCing process my hair felt more detangled, soft, and moisturized. When I take my rollers out I will see how my hair really feels. So far I'm liking my coconut oil though!

Aftermath
So when I took my hair down from the rollers my hair felt a little better and lighter but not by much. Today it felt the same as always :( Oh well maybe coconut oil is something I have to use for awhile before I start seeing the big benefits. And if it doesn't work for my hair, my skin is LOVING it! 

**I went on one of my trustee haircare forums and realized that one of the reasons my hair didn't react so well this first time is because I have the refined version of this coconut oil. They apparently sell an unrefined form which smells more coconuty and is better for the hair. I'll use up this jar and then go and find the unrefined kind!** 

No comments:

Post a Comment