Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Progress Thus Far

So I started my HHJ August of 2010. I was starting my first year of college and wanted a new start for my hair. I had never really taken care of it and because of this it thinned out a lot over the years.
This was my hair back in August '10. I had gotten a fresh relaxer and trimmed off some dead ends. In my opinion, my hair journey didn't really start until about December '11 because I hadn't found the right products for my hair. That being said my hair has come through a lot and looks better each and every day! I never want my hair to go back to this unhealthy state.

 This is my hair today June '12, though it has grown alot, it appears here as if it hasn't. This is only because my main goal for my hair is to have thick healthy ends. When I first began, literally the bottom half of my hair shaft was thin and over processed and needed to go ASAP. But I decided instead of cutting it all off at once I gradually trim these dead ends off while concentrating on my roots. This has been successful so far in that now I only have a few inches of old thin ends. I also have realized that since I've stopped going to the salon to get my relaxer, my hair has become more texlaxed and not bone straight. I like this in that it gives my hair a little more body and texture. Overall I'm very proud of my hair and how far it has come! My main hair goals right now are: thicker ends, eventually get to APL, and healthy bouncy shiny hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment