Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HairVlog: When Oils Go BAD!

 
So like any product, oils also can go bad. This has happened to me a few times in my hair journey. My most recent oil loss was my avocado oil. What I noticed about this oil was when I sealed with it, it wasn't making my hair as soft as it use to. I thought this was just a fluke and that my hair was just being dumb. But then I sniffed it to make sure it still smelled light and fresh, NOPE, it now spelled rank and old and expired! I chucked it in the trash and kept it moving! Now the reason I threw this bottle away was because it was a small bottle and it didn't really matter to me, but when my big bottles of castor and grapeseed oil went bad a few months ago, I used that up! I'd mix those oils in my lotion or just put it on my body as a lotion. Sometimes I'd put these expired oil on top of my prepoo concoction to kind of help "seal" in the conditioner and had no adverse affects. When my castor oil went bad I didn't realize til a month later when my scalp would start stinking right after I would oil it (right after a fresh wash). And when I'd start washing my hair, it would smell like rank oil! After I got rid of my castor oil my hair was back to normal. So ladies, make sure your oils are fresh and don't smell rank but when they do go bad you can use them for other things, don't waste anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment