Thursday, June 28, 2012

HairVlog: Dandruff!

 
Is it snowing in here? Lord only knows back in the day before my healthy hair journey I had out of control dandruff! Now it didn't look like it was snowing or anything but it was pretty bad. I think some of the main reasons my dandruff was so bad was because I would be using grease on my scalp, more than likely using sulfate shampoos, and only getting my hair washed every 2 weeks. Not only would greasing my scalp weigh my hair down, but it wouldn't really make my scalp feel good. I really think it was one of the things that helped to attract dust and dirt to my hair. With my hair, I need to have it washed roughly ever 5 days, unfortunately my hair was getting washed only every 2 weeks back in the day. My hair would be weighed down, maybe smelling a little funky and just be gross by the end of week 1! Even today I sometimes still have a little dandruff on my edges so I obviously haven't completely fixed the problem but it's night and day comparing my hair now and then! But now since I've been oiling my scalp, washing every week, and just caring for my hair more, my dandruff problem has decreased by at least 90%!

No comments:

Post a Comment