Monday, August 15, 2011

Product Review - Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Protector


So I've had this product since about last November and it is a definite staple! I will say I have the old formula and haven't tried the new formula yet. I've heard mixed reviews on the new formula but once my 2 other bottles of the old formula finish, guess I'll have to try it. Anyways I HATE this product on freshly washed hair as a leave in. It doesn't make my hair soft I think it just doesn't do anything for my hair. But my other black friend liked it on wet hair along with my white girl friend so my hair may just be picky. My hair absolutely LOVES this on dry hair as a moisturizer though. I concentrate this product on my ends first because of the name (lol) and because the ends are the oldest and driest part of the hair. Then I put more through the rest of my hair. I then seal it in with a light oil, put my bonnet on and go to sleep! In the morning my hair is nice and soooooft. The smell is a light scent and smells like raspberries and lasts for awhile on the hair but isn't overwhelming. The consistency can be sticky sometimes and it may even make the hair seem a bit sticky but spread it more throughout the hair and the stickiness leaves. I can't remember the exact price but I think it was under $3. Overall I absolutely LOVE this product and hopefully I'll love the new formula so I can always have it!

Pros: smell, price, it works!, light protein, it's pink!
Cons: availability (not at my Walmarts), consistency, formula change, light protein (if you're protein sensitive be aware)
Repurchase?: If I see an old formula bottle YES, unsure about the new formula though

No comments:

Post a Comment