Sunday, July 15, 2012

HairVlog: Cowashing


Cowashing, what is it? Cowashing is when a conditioner is used as a shampoo, instead of using the harsh shampoo, a conditioner is used to cleanse the scalp and bring moisture into the hair. A lot of ladies have cowashing in their hair regimen but I am not one of them! I tried cowashing a number of times with different techniques and products. I tried it by:
  • Using the conditioner as a shampoo, massaging it into my scalp, washing out and repeating then going on to styling
  • Same as above but only "lathering" once and proceeding on to styling
  • Prepooing with a conditioner then simply washing it out, detangling my hair, and proceed to styling
Everytime I cowashed my hair it would come out feeling weighed down and not clean at all. I think the main reason cowashing isn't for me, is because when I wash my hair, it needs to get CLEAN and the conditioner doesn't cut it for me. Even though my experience with cowashing isn't a very good one, many other ladies do it and love it, so definitely give it a try to see how your hair likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment